8th ETNOFilm festival – Call for volunteers!
Ethnographic Museum of Istria is pleased to invite all people of good will to join us in making of our 8th International Ethnographic film festival – ETNOFILm in Rovinj, Croatia (from 28th to 30th of April). The deadline for applying is 15th of March 2016!
ETNOFILm Festival is a platform for the promotion of ethnographic film. On one hand, a production of ethnographic film is encouraged in the strictest disciplinary sense of the word – meaning films whose authors are trained ethnologists/anthropologists – and on the other hand, the Festival also affirms non-disciplinary films and a more heterogenic approach to the filed.
Organizers are looking for a small but motivated group of four (two local and two international) volunteers to help out during the festival by:
– Promoting the festival in Rovinj (handing out flyers and working at the information and sales point (selling promotional material – bags, T-shirts, postcards, badges)
– Assisting in our Hospitality office (a help for our jury members and participating authors)
– Working at the entrance of the screenings (greeting the audience, assisting with the technical parts and the organization team)
– Assisting with the accompanying Festival programs (concerts, exhibitions, workshops, etc.)
– Generally helping out with the day to day logistics of the Festival
– Having fun and enjoying the Festival.
All information is available on www.etnofilm.com, and the application form can be found on the link or on http://www.etnofilm.com/download/.
Due to the limited spaces for volunteering, please be advised that preference will be given to applicants who speak several languages and who have a background in etnology and (visual) anthropology.
Please send the application form along with the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org, the latest by 15th of March. Results will be out on the 20th of March.
Unfortunately, the organizers will not be able to cover the volunteers travel expenses, but volunteers will be offered free lunch and accommodation during the Festival. Upon request, the volunteers can receive a Certificate of volunteering. We can also promise lovely sea air, a chance to meet amazing people, create new contacts and learn new skills.
Please send your application and any additional questions to email@example.com.
See you this spring in Rovinj!
ETNOFILm organization team